Winter Fire Safety
More home fires happen during winter months than any other season. Do these little things to make your home more fire safe in the winter.
1. Change your heater filters as recommended by the filter, some are once every 3 months, some are once per month, you really can't change them to often.
2. Air Duct cleaning is not a bad idea, it will save you money on your heating bill, but also reduce dust and allergens from circulating through your home.
3. Clean your dryer vents from the back of the dryer to the outside of your home.
4. Do NOT plug space heaters into a power strip, instead plug them directly into a walls socket, preferably one that is GFI protected.
5. Test your smoke alarms and carbon monoxide detectors.
6. Do not leave lit candles unattended.
7. Make sure you have a working fire extinguisher on hand.
Stay safe out there!